Enjoy river tubing on the Potomac River where it meets the Shenandoah. You’ll get to experience the thrills of beginner class I-III rapids while taking in spectacular views along one of the most scenic river regions in the country!
For a relaxing and fun way to enjoy your trip even more, you can hop onto the large island-like rocks in the middle of the river and have your own picnic or do some sunbathing.
Don’t worry about walking up any of the hills once you’ve reached the end of your tubing trip. Once you’re out of the water, you’ll be taken on a short shuttle ride up the hill.
At the end of your trip, you can freshen up and wash off in our bathhouse equipped with sinks, toilets and hot showers.
Harpers Ferry Adventure Center is one of the longest-operating river outfitters in the region. We specialize in Shenandoah and Potomac River Tubing, as well as River Rafting, Zip Line Canopy Tours, and have a great Adventure Park for visitors who want to enjoy a fun aerial ropes course challenge. Our outdoor activities make for a fun and easy day trip for folks from DC, Baltimore, Northen Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and beyond.
White Water Tubing Rates
Save with these promo codes when you book online!
Weekday Trips: Use promo code TUBE3
Saturday & Sunday Trips: Use promo code TUBE5
Or call to book
Whitewater Tubing Times
Weekdays: 11 am – 2 pm
- Shuttle departures are every 30 minutes on weekends and hourly on weekdays.
- 5pm sharp is our last take-out time. Late fees will be charged accordingly.
- Please note that we are unable to accommodate coolers on shuttles starting an hour before the last shuttle of each day.
- Guests MUST check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to last daily departure time.
Add-ons for your Whitewater Tubing Adventure
Guests may rent floating coolers or cooler tubes for personal coolers. Coolers must not contain alcohol or glass and Styrofoam coolers are not permitted. Inflation Stations and twine are available on site.
Floating Cooler Rental
Inflatable Cooler that you pack your items into.
Monday – Friday $20
Sat,Sun & Holidays $22
Cooler Tube Rental
Cooler tubes let you bring your own cooler along. Personal coolers need to be less than 22 quarts and not have wheels and not be styrofoam.
Monday – Friday $10
Sat,Sun & Holidays $15
Minimum Age Requirement
For safety reasons, the minimum age requirement varies according to current river conditions.
Flat Water Tubing: The normal minimum age is 5, but on the day of your trip, please check the current minimum age requirements for tubing.
Whitewater Tubing: The normal minimum age is 12, but on the day of your trip, please check the current minimum age requirements for tubing.
- Anyone under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult or reserve a guide.
- Guests under 18 must have a waiver filled out by a LEGAL parent or guardian.
- Guests are required to know how to swim.
- Guests are required to inform HFAC of any medical or special needs that may affect them on this activity.
- Footwear: For safety reasons, Flip Flops are not allowed as footwear. Guests must have footwear with straps around the ankle. Guests without appropriate footwear will not be permitted on the trip.
- Guests must weigh no more than 300 pounds.
- See the tubing clothing section for more details about what to wear.
At the time of booking, all guests must fill out a liability waiver for each participant in a booking. For fastest service, we recommend that you read and sign the liability waiver online during the purchase process. At that time a link to the online liability waiver is made available for sending via email to other participants in your booking so that they can also read and sign their waivers in advance of the trip.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 MUST have a waiver filled out by a LEGAL parent or guardian.